Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Halloween Movie Fest 2005!

Hello Boys and Ghouls! Here’s a scary thought: It’s almost October! Fall is here and with it the spooky season that’s tons of fun...Halloween! Here is a short list of some movies for your viewing pleasure!

I just recently saw the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. As low budget and goofy as is seems, (“Grandpa does the best killin’”) this movie was pretty disturbing. While it is said to be based on true events, it wasn’t a true story. The scariness was made possible because it was filmed like a grainy home movie and the fact that you were thinking something similar to this actually happened. I recommend you see this classic at least once and pretend it was a true story b/c it’s scarier that way!

Wrong Turn: Crazy kids break down in the forests of Virginia, only to be hunted by cannibalistic, inbred “Monkey Men”. It is very similar in scare tactics to Chainsaw, though it is a modern take. Turn off the lights and prepare to be freaked out! There are some AWESOME edge of your seat suspense scenes and I rate this as a must see for the Halloween season.

The Grudge. My friend Carolyn LOVED this movie. I however do not ever want to see it again I was so disturbed by it. This is creepy, freaky, nightmarish stuff here folks. Well, at least for me. I have to say; it is an interesting movie, so see it at least once.

Abbot and Costello Meet Dracula This is a classic! How can you not like Abbot and Costello? My favorite comedy team, these two add some fun and hijinx to an old horror standard. Something everyone in the family can watch and enjoy together!

The Crow. The first, the original, accept no imitations (that means the sequels!) Brandon Lee, in what would have been his defining role to break his career wide open, died while filming this. They stitched the remaining unfilmed portions up for continuity and came out with a hauntingly eerie story of love, and revenge. I wouldn’t recommend for anyone under 17, but once you are of age, this movie rocks!! FIRE IT UP!! FIRE IT UP!!

The Lost Boys. THE defining modern vampire movie. Mom and 2 sons move to a coastal California town, only to find out that it is crawling with vampires!! A great story, amazing music, cute guys, and the 2 Coreys. What more could you ask for?

The Mummy (with Brendan Fraser, Oded Fehr and Arnold Vosloo) Heck, I watch this all year ‘round! Treasure hunters and archaeologists uncover the City of the Dead and unknowingly resurrect Imhotep, a mummy who brings with him the 10 Plagues of Egypt. It’s campy, it’s funny, and it’s Egypt!!! I hope isn’t it illegal to have that many hot guys in one movie!!

A few scary movies I haven’t seen so don’t kill me (no pun intended) are the original Halloween, and Salem’s Lot. These are high on my viewing list this year. Of course there are classics like Psycho, The Shining, Carrie, Rosemary’s Baby, and The Exorcist. Perhaps Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, the Scream trilogy, or I Know What You Did Last Summer are your picks for some good scares. I like to make a new list each year and have some ghoulishly good fun! Make your own creepy list and enjoy! If you dare!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the Blair Witch Project? I had to hold Rob's hand.

REALLY

;-)
Beth

1:26 PM, September 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your one of my favorite friends b/c you use the word hijinx.

I have to agree w/beth...the first blair witch is pretty scary the first time you see it. (Although when I went back to watch it again all it did was make me naush b/c of the camera movements...)

I'd have to say Halloween (the orginial) is up there on the list as well...I CAN NOT believe you haven't seen that...

8:07 PM, September 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE CURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN(though its a little early!)

5:31 PM, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home