Wednesday, March 10, 2010

RIP Sweet Boy: A Farewell to Corey Haim

Click to enlarge pic.

I made this collage of Corey, trying to keep it light and retrospective to when I was a huge fan. I had heard he enjoyed painting and creating, so I thought this would be a fitting tribute. It is a sad day, but I have tons of memories of his movies and all those Teen Beat posters I had in my room in Jr High. I guess it was fitting that I got to Santa Cruz last month and have been watching The Lost Boys a lot again lately. I will miss you Corey Haim!

He was such a cutie, and it's sad he became a casualty of Hollywood. It broke my heart watching him on A&E's "The Two Coreys". He barely looked like himself from everything he had put his body through and he acted like an immature, desperate boy looking to make it big again. He had lost himself. I feel terrible that he struggled so hard, only to lose. Maybe now he will be at peace with the world and himself. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Corey's journey has ended, and with it dies part of my childhood. Perhaps that is the true epicenter of my sadness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sparkles said...

Perfect words spoken by a true fan! Anyone who knows you thought of you after hearing the sad news.. You know I did! I just went back through my email and found the autographed pic that you made for me.. It brought a smile to my face!

10:39 PM, March 10, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home