Friday, January 02, 2009

2009 Year in Review: A Meme

  1. What did you do in 2008 that you have never done before?
    I finally got my passport and traveled abroad!!!!
  2. Did you keep all of last years resolutions?
    Um, Did I have any? Iguess that answers the question huh?
  3. Have you any resolutions for next year?
    I resolve to ACTUALLY lose 25 pounds by July. Seriously. I’m gonna do it.
  4. What countries did you visit?
    England and Wales *sigh*. Amazing.
  5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you didn’t have in 2008?
    Another, better apartment and neighbors
  6. What date in 2008 will remain etched in your memory?
    November 2nd, the day I left for London.
  7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
    I am still employed as the Marketing Manager, so I must be doing something right.:) And traveling across the pond by myself was a big thing for me.
  8. What was your biggest failure?
    My biggest failure this year was not having the faith in myself enough to speak my mind in certain situations, Work , personal whatever. I tend to clam up and then regret not saying what I should have said.
  9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
    Thankfully, No. My former health issues are non-existant right now, so that was great news!
  10. What was the best thing you bought?
    This is sort of a silly question, but my trip to London/Wales and The Dark Knight on DVD! I love my new cell phone too.
  11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
    Oh dear, that’s easy: Derwood...and most of humanity actually.
  12. Where did most of your money go?
    Bills and London trip, but I did very well at budgeting and have been able to save a bit too! Yay me!
  13. What did you get really really really excited about?
    God this Answer is getting old, but Las Vegas and London/Wales trips
  14. What do you wish you’d done less of?
    Bitching and worrying about ridiculous things.
  15. Did you fall in love in 2008?
    Nope. A few crushes but not love.
  16. How many one night stands?
    Hey! I’m not that kind of girl!
  17. What was your favourite TV show?
    With the writer’s strike this is up for grabs. So I will say Flight of the Conchords
  18. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
    That’s a funny question. Hate is a strong word, there are a few that I am quite annoyed with when I think about them, so I just don’t think about them!
  19. What was/were the best books you read?
    To Kill a Mockingbird, Anthem by Ayn Rand
  20. What was your greatest musical discovery?
    I was introduced to Porcupine Tree and I found that I really enjoy Elvis Costello. I was incredibly psyched to find the unreleased Lost Boys Score tho. Nostalgia rules me! I hope 2009 brings more musical discoveries.
  21. What did you want for Christmas that you got?
    A Tea Kettle and a Cookbook
  22. What did you want for Christmas and not get?
    :)I got everything I wanted
  23. What was your favourite film this year?
    I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count... (If you said Dark Knight, congrats!!!)
  24. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
    Spent the day at the V & A Museum, then in the evening I went to see Ralph Feinnes at the London National Theater in Oedipus, Ate Cake and had a celebratory drink in a quaint pub with my neice Alysa and I am now 33.
  25. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
    Meeting a good guy since all I meet lately are bad boys.
  26. Who kept you sane?
    Lamby, Big Geek, Christine, Ariane, Pinky
  27. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
    Fancy? Well, James McAvoy is strangely attractive and a great actor.
  28. Which political issue stirred you the most?
    The 2008 Campaigns and Election in general
  29. Who did you miss?
    All my friends who live far away and I never get to see!
  30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
    You can’t control everything, so just relax and let things go and enjoy life.
  31. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year…
    “You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need”
    The Rolling Stones.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 2009!! Let's make this the best year ever! :o)

8:35 AM, January 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home